Monday, July 19, 2010

Swaderboy Interview

Swaderboy, what’s up man, introduce yourself to all the readers out there who haven’t heard of Swaderboy?


Well for those that don’t know me I go by Swader Boy, and I been an underground artist from Tennessee since 99.


How did you get the name Swaderboy?


Well since I was little I was always call that Swader (last name) boy, but my first stage name was Cane aka Lil’Ripper, and I feel like that wasn’t a name that I wanted long term so I went with Swader Boy!


Where are you from?

I was born in (MBT) Murfreesboro, TN. My stomping ground is Walter Hill, TN not to far from Murfreesboro


How long have you been doing your thing?

I been doing music off and on for about 10 or 12 years.


Who are some of your musical influences?

Some of my Musical influences are all kinds of Rap, R&B, Reggae, and Soul.


Describe your sound

My sound of now is like a little aggressive and blunt right now. Over time I believe it will have more moderate flow


Who would you compare your music to? What makes you different?

I couldn’t compare my music to anyone. The one thing I learn in this business is that no one is same! Similar characteristics maybe, but not the same! A lot say I got characteristics like Pastor Troy, Lil’ Ru, Archie, Drama, etc. What makes me different is that I’m not them and I can never them, but they do influence me to step my game up every chance I get.



How many releases have you had? What were the name(s)?

The very first release I had was in 1999. It was call Smoking Weed and Black & Milds, and it was only release within Murfreesboro range. I started collaborating with Busta Free Entertainment with Clusta. Then I joined up with Slug Veezy (formally known as Stacy Mac) with O.T.C. (Off the Chain) Entertainment and we Dropped O.T.C. vol. 1! Around that same time I collaborated with Manopoly Records and had a track with JRG the Future’s cd, (The Future) and later Block Work Entertainment on Dirty Boy Tony’s cd, (K.O.M.B.T.) and Block 2 Block Entertainment’s cd (The Block Movement).



What are you working on currently? What can we expect from you in the near future?

I’m currently working on this MBT Movement and my first solo mixtape that’s untitled at the moment. For the near future you can expect my first solo mixtape release and more collaboration with more artists.


What producers and/or artists would you most like to work with in the future?

Producers I would love to work with are Tim Hill, Mouse on Track, Zaytoven and Southside. Artists I would like to work with are Collie Buddz, Mya, Shannon Sanders and Lil Phat.



Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In 5 years I see myself still working hard on my craft and traveling from city to city.

Alright Swaderboy thanks for your time, Any Shoutouts You want to give?

Shout to my MBT Family and everyone that’s supporting this Movement!

How can people get more info about you?

I will soon have a new page on Facebook, Myspace and Twitter for further research on your boy Swader Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment