Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Slug Veezy Interview

MBT Movement: Slug V, what’s up man, introduce yourself to all the readers out there who haven’t heard of Slug Veezy?

Slug Veezy: Yeah ok, this is slug v aka stacy mac reppin mbt and otc. Off the chain ent.


How did you get the name Slug Veezy?

Several years ago we formed a rap group called armed and dangerous, and as we were listing the members, my partner, swaderboy realized he didn’t know what to call me, so he just put slug on the flyer we were making. And it kinda stuck with me. The veezy was added because my last name is Vaughn so I just combined the two.

How long have you been doing your thing?

Been singing since I could talk, been writing since I could spell, even before then lol.

Who are some of your musical influences?

My mother was in a band called the harmony gales, that’s where most of my influences come from.

My brother (Clusta) taught me a lot, other artist would be tupac,Outkast, Goodie Mob, dave Hollister, Eminem, dru hill

Describe your sound

Unique mixture of soul/hiphop. My sound really cant be compared to anyone.

What makes you different?

The quality. I can sing a love ballad and/or write a gangsta rap track, and they both will be among the best you will ever hear

How many releases have you had? What were the name(s)?

I dropped Off The Chain Volume 1 in 2004. Before that I worked with my brother Clusta on his "Diamond N the Rough" Cd. And also produced majority of Come Up Move Volume 3 from Manopoly Records

What are you working on currently?

Slug Veezy solo album “ Trynna get it” Slug Veezy and JRG “The Future is off tha Chain”

What artists have you collaborated with?

Clusta, roach killa, JRG, Big Fella and Tearthur, Axtion, Swaderboy, Shadow G, Big Q, Tee Reezy, Lil mama, V.O.

What producers and/or artists would you most like to work with in the future?

Tim hill (Local Super Producer from MBT)

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

In five years I see myself doin tours across the globe, and king of the south.

Alright Slug thanks for your time, Any Shoutouts You want to give?

Manop fam

How can people get more info about you?

Myspace.com/slug veezy or just google me baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment